Medi Classic Insurance from Star Health is a policy that aims to provide reimbursement of hospitalisation expenses incurred as a result of illness/disease/sickness and/or accidental injuries.
- Hospitalisation Cover : In-patient hospitalisation expenses for a minimum of 24 hours.Includes room rent and boarding @2% of sum insured,subject to a maximum of Rs.4000/- per day.
- Nursing expenses.
- Surgeon's fees,Consultant's fees,Anaesthetist's and Specialist's fees.
Cost of medicines and drugs.
- Emergency ambulance charges for transporting the insured patient to the hospital upto a sum of Rs 750/- per hospitalisation and overall limit of Rs 1500/- per policy period.
- Pre-hospitalisation medical expenses upto 30 days prior to date of admission.
- Post-hospitalization - a lumpsum calculated at 7% of the hospitalisation(excluding room charges)subject to a maximum of Rs.5000 is payable
- Non-allopathic Treatments upto Rs.25,000/- per occurence, subject to a maximum of 25% of sum insured per policy period.
- Discount ranging from 5%- 25% for every claim-free year(except for the Family Package Plan).
Enter your age in the form to get back the premium amount
(Available for persons below 45yrs. The sum insured is apportioned equally among insured family members)
- Any persons aged between 5 months and 80 years, residing in India,can take this insurance.
- Premium paid by cheque or credit card for this insurance is eligible for relief under Sectin 80D of the Income Tax Act.
Expenses for the treatment of any illness/disease/condition,which is pre-existing
- Treatment of illness/disease/sickness contracted by the insured person during the first 30 days from the commencement date of this policy
- First Two Years Exclusions: Cataract,Hysterectomy for Menorrhagia or Fibromyoma,Replacement surgery for knee and/or joint(other than caused by an accident),Prolapse of intervertibral disc (other than caused by accident), Varicose Veins and Varicose Ulcers
- First Year Exclusions: Benign Prostate Hypertrophy,Hernia,Hydrocele,Fistula in anus,Piles,Sinusitis and related disorders,Congenital internal disease/defect,removal of gallstones and renal stone
- Naturopathy treatment
- Expenses which are purely diagnostic in nature with no positive existence of any disease
- Treatment of Congenital external disease/defects/anomalies
- Inform the ID number for easy reference
- In case of planned hospitalization,please inform 24 hours prior to admission into the hospital
- In case of emergency hospitalization,information to be given within 24 hours after hospitalization
- In non-network hospitals,payment must be made upfront and then reimbursement will be effected on the submission of documents.