Family Health Optima from Star Health is a health insurance plan that gives protection for the entire family on the payment of a single premium under a single sum insured.The sum insured floats among the family members insured.It's just one more way to tighten the family bonds.
Policy Benefits Hospitalisation Cover:Protects the insured person for in-patient hospitalisation expenses for a minimum of 24 hours.These expenses include room and boarding charges as per policy conditions
- Nursing expenses
- Surgeon's fees,Consultant's fees, Anaesthetist's and Specialist's fees
- Cost of medicines and drugs
- Emergency ambulance charges for transporting the insured patient to the hospital upto a sum of Rs.750/- per hospitalization and overall limit of Rs.1500/- per policy period
A Super Saver Policy
- Single Sum Insured
- Coverage for entire family
- Single Premium
- Considerable saving in premium as the family is covered under one policy
- Pre-hospitalisation medical expenses upto 30 days prior to the date of admission
- Post-hospitalisation calculated at 7% of the hospitalisation expenses(excluding room charges),subject to a maximum of Rs.5000 is payable.
- Proposer,spouse,dependent children upto 25 years those who are economically dependent on their parents.
|Day Care Procedures|
|The 24 hrs Hospitalisation Limit is not applicable for 101 Day Care procedures listed in the policy conditions|
|Automatic Restoration facility for Sum Insured 3 Lakhs & above|
|There shall be automatic restoration of the Basic Sum Insured immediately upon exhaustion of the limit of coverage during the policy period subject to the following terms and extent thereof|
Such restored Sum Insured can be utilized for illness/disease unrelated to the illness/diseases for which claim's was/were made.
- Any person aged between 5 months and 60 years residing in India can take this insurance.
A: Adult C: Children upto 25 yrs. NA: Not Available
Please enter your family age profile in the form to get the quote
- A discount of 10% on Premium is allowed on renewal of the policy if there is no claim in the immediately preceding year of the policy. This discount is not cumulative.
- Expenses for the treatment of any illness/ disease/condition which is pre-existing
Treatment of illness/disease/sickness contracted by the insured person during the first 30 days from the commencement date of the policy
- First Two Years Exclusions:Cataract,Hysterectomy for Menorrhagia or Fibromyoma,Replacement surgery for knee and/or joint (other than caused by an accident),Prolapse of intervertebral disc(other than caused by accident),varicose veins and varicose ulcers
- First Year Exclusions:Benign Prostate Hypertrophy,Hernia,Hydrocele,Fistula in anus,Piles,Sinusitis and related disorders,congenital internal disease/defects, removal of gallstones and renal stone
- Naturopathy treatment
- Expenses which are purely diagnostic in nature with no positive existence of any disease
- Expenses incurred for non-allopathic treatment
- Treatment of external Congential disease/defects/anomalies
- Expenses which are mainly cosmetic in nature
NOTE:For a detailed list of exclusions, refer policy document.
- Inform the ID number for easy reference
- In case of a planned hospitalisation, please inform 24 hours prior to admission into the hospital
- In case of emergency hospitalisation, information to be given within 24 hours after hospitalisation
- At non-network hospitals,payments must be made upfront and then reimbursement will be effected on the submission of documents
NOTE:The benefits and exclusions mentioned herein are only an outline of the policy.For complete details, please contact in Star Health office mentioned above or enter your contact details